Friday, April 30, 2010

Bacon-wrapped chicken and green beans

I love chicken. Well, I love eating just about any animal. Like the other night, I had six baked chicken legs for dinner after a heavy lifting session. That means that in just one day, I was single-handedly responsible for the death of at least three chickens. (Seven if you count the four eggs I had for lunch).
Anyway, one of the minor problems with chicken is that unless you eat the skin with it, it doesn't really have very much fat. I had a big bag of frozen chicken tenderloins in the freezer (not even remotely close to sustainably raised, but we've been over this before: I'm a college kid -- and I had a coupon for it). So, how to make skinless (thus, low-fat), industrially-produced chicken fatty and tasty? Wrap it in bacon, of course.



Bacon-wrapped chicken cooking in a frying pan

I cooked about a cup of frozen green beans to go with it, and voila, a tasty, healthy dinner.
I used 1 package of bacon and 9 pieces of chicken (some of the chicken pieces were bigger so they needed more than 1 strip of bacon)



The final product

No comments:

Post a Comment