Thursday, April 29, 2010

Crustless Spinach and Feta Quiche

Right. Haven't been updating. I really do intend to make this an actual blog, and I don't really have any real excuses this time. I've been wasting a lot of time playing Fallout 3, pretending that I understand sequences and series (Calc II), and watching TV shows on my computer (I know, I know, tres lame). Speaking of that though... what the hell is up with this year's season of like... everything?? Either I'm getting older and wiser, or TV is getting dumber.

Ok, I can't really think of much else to say right now, so I'll leave you with this:

Crustless Spinach and Feta Quiche
3 eggs
3/4 cup whole milk
2/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup spinach, cooked (I used frozen spinach)
Half a medium onion
Salt and pepper to taste
2-3tbsp butter

Preheat oven to 350F (175 C).
Chop onion into small pieces. Sautee over medium heat in 1 tbsp butter.
With remaining butter, grease a pie pan (standard size pie pan, about 8-9 inches in diameter) or a dish with a similar volume. Defrost spinach (or steam it until wilty if you got fresh). Add cooked onions to spinach and spread mixture evenly around pan. Add feta cheese on top.
Beat eggs in a small mixing bowl. Add milk and salt/pepper and mix thoroughly. SLOWLY pour egg mixture into pie pan.
Bake for about 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment