Sunday, June 6, 2010

Fajita Marinade

I'll buy a beer for the first person to tell me exactly why a marinade mix needs corn syrup solids. Actually, I know the answer ... it's all part of the great American eCORNomy. Along with salad dressing, marinades are another thing that I've been experimenting with making ... because all the stuff they sell in the store has some kind of corn or soy product in it.

I used this marinade for fajita meat (which can be eaten in traditional fajitas or as a fajita salad if you do the grain-free thing), but it could be used on anything to add a bit of Mexican flavor to it. Did I mention that I love Mexican food?
Ingredients:
Juice of 2 limes
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper.


Mix cilantro and lime juice, then add the spices. Use as a marinade for just about anything. My personal favorite is bison fajitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment