Monday, October 4, 2010

"Denver Broncos" Salad

I realize it's been a while since I posted, and that I kept saying how I was going to update more and stuff... BUT there was a legitimate reason: I had no camera cord with which to transfer pictures of awesome places and awesome food to my computer to post on here.

Traditionally, fall is associated with spending Sunday afternoons watching football and eating junk food. However, just because you care about your health doesn't mean you can't still have fun with watching the game -- just find paleo-friendly substitutes that are just as festive and fun as chips and pretzel sticks.
Enter the "Denver Broncos Salad:"



















For one salad:
2 cups of mixed greens in bite size pieces
1 golden beet, boiled, skinned, and sliced
1/4 cup blueberries
2 tbsp feta cheese
1 ring of red onion
4-6 slices of cucumber
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
Olive oil and apple cider vinegar for dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment