Friday, July 29, 2011

Balsamic Marinated Chicken

Ingredients:
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp coriander
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts ... I used thighs because they're cheaper)

Thoroughly mix all ingredients except chicken. Place chicken thighs in a tupperware/airtight container, pour about half the marinade over them, then stab each one with a fork a couple times. I'm not sure if this helps, but I did it anyway. Pour the rest of the marinade over them and refrigerate overnight.
Melt some butter or bacon fat in a cast-iron or nonstick pan. Put the chicken thighs in the pan, then pour the rest of the sauce over them, and cook about 10 to 15 minutes, turning once.

There was still some yummy sauce left in the pan after the chicken was cooked, so I cooked some veggies (onions, peppers, squash) in that. Delicious. I made some tzatziki sauce to go with this, and it was awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment