Monday, July 18, 2011

Warrior Dash

This race was awesome. Seriously, there are no other words to describe it. Last Saturday I went up to North Bend, Washington, for a 3.5 mile race complete with walls to climb over, mud pits, and of course, jumping over fire. Hell. Yes. And, of course, I'd say it definitely falls within the definition of "primal blueprint fitness" ... yes, it's running, but the random obstacles that are encountered along the way could be analogous to a paleolithic hunter-gatherer having to climb over rocks or trees or something while chasing down his/her next meal, right? I think so.
I made a costume (ridiculous warrior costumes were encouraged at this event) ... basically got the idea from Spartacus (if you haven't watched it, you should, this show is hot. And I mean that literally). I raced in the first wave, at 08:00, which meant I was done around 08:45 (it was only 3.5 miles), which meant: turkey legs and IPA for breakfast. Again, hell yes.

I don't really have anything deep or meaningful to say today, because fun Warrior Weekend aside, I've had a lot on my mind recently -- with both work and personal-life-type stuff, but I'm not going to clutter up a post about jumping over fire and drinking beer and eating turkey legs and being all-around badass with stupid bullshit like that.
More profound post(s) soon to come, along with recipes, and other paleo-related stuff that this blog is supposed to actually be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment